Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Adventures in cooking

Last night I made pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese icing:And I am SUCH a spaz! I completely failed at the grocery store and bought granulated sugar instead of powdered sugar for the icing. Needless to say, it was quite soupy.
So I did the logical next thing: No, not go back to the store... I called my mom and whined about it.
Long story short, she suggested adding in some flour to thicken and they turned out perfect and delicious.I have no idea why I've become such a Suzie Homemaker in the last month, but I'm rolling with it. I decided while I'm on this kick I need to find a cute recipe book to write everything down.
Found this from Etsy:
Very cute.

4 comments:

  1. Yum!

    Next time you have the wrong sugar, just throw the granulated sugar in the food processor. It will make powdered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious - any sugar is good sugar in my book. LOL.

    That recipe book is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Angela: that is actually insanely helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails